Saturday, November 10, 2007

From Death to Life


It has been exactly one year from when I had surgery to remove the tumors that had regrown on my spine. Many things could have happened from that time, the most serious of which would have been death. Now one year later, Meredith and I have a new life in our family. At 3:10 AM on Tuesday morning, November 6th, Mattox Aaron McCaleb was born into the world, weighing 9 lbs 8 ounces and measuring twenty-two inches long. God has truly shown us that nothing is impossible, even when you are told that you probably will not be able to have children. Now we have a precious little boy who is a true testimony of God’s grace, strength, and touch. Words cannot express how Meredith and I feel right now, to know that the Author of Life has woven together this little boy, as a blessing to our family, and as a light for this world.

Regarding my wife Meredith, she is completely unbelievable! I had the utmost respect for her prior to this, but she completely surpassed any strength I have seen so far in my life. Her labor lasted around thirty-six hours, and she was pushing for nearly 3. Because she had a mild case of gestational diabetes, she had to be induced (gestational diabetes is probably why this boy was so big!). She is awesome and is such a great mother! The Lord truly is her strength!

Now for our boy, well we love him so much. He is truly precious, and has such a wonderful demeanor. Just looking at him makes us see how God truly has designed each one of us, to even the most minute detail. How wonderful it is to know that when a baby is born, he or she has everything already made even right down to their tiny fingernails and eyelashes. I know I am going to have to sleep more, but I love holding him.

God has turned what some see as a tragedy and has blessed us with this most precious gift of life. How similar this is to all our lives. As owners of sin (we are all born with it), we deserve death, both physically (which we all achieve someday) and spiritually. But God so loved us that he sent his one and only Son, that whosoever believes on Him, should not perish (spiritually) but have eternal life. If you seek Him, you will find Him. May you seek Him first.






Meeting Mom and Dad
Enjoying the Ride

Relaxing with Dad























3 comments:

Brittany McCaleb said...

Jordan and Meridith,
He is beautiful. I am so excited for you guys. I love you all very much.
-Brittany

preacher2k said...

wow Jordan,
I'm so freakin' happy for you guys. I just randomly searched your name here from work this morning and lo and behold, I found your blog.

I caught up a little on everything, and wow, has God been good!

I'm currently in Italy (Naples)with my wife Vanessa and soon to be child in January.

we'd love to hear from you if you still check this blog. our email is preacher2k@hotmail.com

Dan & Courtney Christensen said...

Jordan!
Dan Christensen here, I'm glad you have this website so I could find you, and wow I had no idea what was going on, I'm glad to hear you are doing well and congrats on Mattox! That is exciting! Email/call me at dchristensen03@hotmail.com or 609-234-9634. GodBless friend!