Thursday, November 23, 2006

Give Thanks

"Do not worry about anything, but in everything, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God, and the peace of God will guard your hearts and minds in Christ.: Philippians 4:6-7

There is a lot that we all have to be thankful for. Food on the table, roofs over our heads, clothes on our back, our families, and our health. After talking with some of my family on the phone, hearing their concern for my back and how scary the surgery was, I am thankful for my health right now. Thank you for your prayers too, for God has truly answered them. Give Him the glory.

On Tuesday, I got my stitches out. It was not as painful as I thought. Every morning when I wake up, my mobility increases. I am walking around, almost normally. I am still a little slow, and I need to be careful with what I lift. My left leg, which is what was hurting prior to surgery due to nerves being pressed by the tumors, still hurts some, but it is probably residual pain because of the nerves being inflamed.

Meredith and my parents have been wonderful taking care of me and helping me with everything. Sometimes they think they haven't helped enough because I have been able to move around so much and the recovery has been so fast. But they really have, it has been such a blessing for my parents to be here. And my wife is amazing. She has cooked such amazing food and has taken great care of me.

This recovery has literally been twice as fast as the surgery in 2003! God has done so much, He continues to prove He is the great physician. He leads me beside quiet waters. Psalm 23.

Be thankful for the grace, the forgiveness, the Salvation, the relationship from Christ.

No comments: