Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Home Sweet Home


Well, our hospital stay is over! We were able to come home today, Tuesday, a couple of days earlier than I had expected based on my last surgery. God has totally increased the speed of this recovery. From the moment I was awake in ICU, I kept saying that, " I can't express how much better I feel than last time!" The post surgery pain and soreness has been nothing like my last surgery. Although last surgery was a little more invasive as far as the laminectomy goes, the doctors removed four tumors, one was not expected. All of them were very easily removed, and were "jelly-like" instead of hardened masses. A post surgery MRI showed that nearly 98% of the tumors were gone, the little that remained should easily be fought by the radiation (or the Lord could just take it out). I am able to walk around (very slowly and carefully), and I have seen an increase in my walking ability and a decrease in the pain I feel each day. The majority of the pain I am experiencing now has to do with the incision that was made for surgery. It is about 13 inches and goes well below the belt on the backside. My back muscles are somewhat in shock, which makes my back as stiff as a board, supreme posture.

The coolest thing happened today though. Even though the weather has been somewhat dreary, we still could view many mountains from my hospital room window. We were totally blessed with a seventh floor, window room, we wanted the jacuzzi, but it was taken. Today the clouds were pushed away and the sun was shining so bright through the window. What was even more amazing was Mt. Rainier was huge outside the window! What seemed to be small, cloud covered mountains the previous days, turned out to be the giant Mt. Rainier, snow-covered and awesome! It was God saying, that I was on the mountain top, and to remember that, no matter where I am.

No comments: