Thursday, November 09, 2006

Night Before Surgery

Everybody,
This comes to you the night before my surgery. All is well. My parents are in from Houston, and we all are staying on base about two minutes from the hospital. Today I went through the pre-op routine: blood drawn, anestesiologist, vital signs. We have had an awesome day, and everyone that we encountered was very nice.

Tomorrow, Thursday, at 0900 we return to the hospital for surgery. The exact length of the surgery is indeterminable and depends on how easy the tumors can be removed. The same surgery I had done three years ago lasted approx 9 hrs., so Meredith and my parents are in for a marathon. They will be in a waiting in a room, and the doctor will come out at parts during the surgery to give updates. Afterward, I will be in ICU for about 1-2 days, and they will be able to see me. Then I will head to the normal ward for about 5 more days.

Meredith and I cannot express how much we appreciate everything that y’all have done for us already. We have received encouraging phone calls and letters from so many people, and there are so many people literally around the world praying for us. God’s family is huge! We will definitely keep you posted either via phone, e-mail, or blog. God bless you all; we love you!

We leave you this: Jesus prayed in Gethsemane for God to take away what was about to happen to him, but he still did not want his will, but God’s will be done. More than once he prayed this. I am not sure if he immediately got his answer, but he was betrayed and ultimately turned over to be crucified immediately after he was done praying. Mark 14: 32-42.

We have all prayed for God to heal me, yet not our will but God’s be done. As we sleep tonight, we still do not know if I will have to endure this surgery and radiation, for with God all things are possible, the tumors may not even be there when they open me up. Not our will be done.

Love,
Jordan and Meredith
Matthew 6: 33

No comments: